"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; But in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well, it's been a few days since I've blogged. It's Tuesday now. lol! The resort was awesome! But I like Santiago. Tonight we are going to one of the first small groups starting up tonight in a home, as well as a Disciple group. What they do here are small groups during the week, and big church on Sunday night. but their small a different too. They have one small group for anyone. Believers, non-believers, on-the-fencers. This ia a place for new people to come in a small setting and get to know more people from the church and get involved in a small way. It allows them to get to know one of the leaders from the church, they are able to give prayer request. this is designed for people to know that the church isn't "selling" God to people. Just a place for them to know how much we care for them and for them to experience God's love and acceptance. Pretty awesome stuff. Then the second small group they have is just for "Disciples". This group is designed for the believer. They teach them to study the Word, how to be a witness, how to live life as a believer according to God's word. They teach them to be able to go out and be a help to others. They truly are BEING taught and trained for the Kingdom. They are excelling at this! So tonight, hopefully I'll get to see both of these groups meeting.

For me personally, this week has been the most trying week here. The Lord was revealing some of myself to me that wasn't in the best condition and I want it changed. So, also had a great time of worship with the Saints Sunday night. And Monday was a brewing pot for the Enemy. He was pulling me down. It was just a rough Monday. I was not content. Not happy. Not wanting to be nice. I was pointed to Philippians chapter 4 yesterday by a friend. That is a great chapter. Php 4:11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
Php 4:12-13 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

This verse I read yesterday.. Then again this morning was pointed to it again by another friend. I love it! I must LEARN how to be content in EVERY season of life. It is a process. A constant lesson to be learned. So, I'm learning!
I found this Psalm like poem in the book "Fearless" by Max Lucado. A 7 year old boy recited this as his home in West Africa was burning down. Later his mother had him write it down for her this is what it said:

"Through wind and rain Through fire and lava
The Lord will never leave you.
Through earthquakes and floods Through changing sea levels and
burning ash
The Lord will never leave you.
If you love Him, He will bless you
and He will give you many things...." It continues on.. but too much to post!

Well, I'll post in a few days. Love you guys! Keep me in prayer as I pray for you!
Grace and Peace,
Justin

1 comment:

  1. praying for you - and that poem is powerful - take really good notes on all you are learning - it sounds like some pretty amazing and transformational stuff - quit a bit different than what you would learn in a seminary :)

    ReplyDelete