"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; But in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, June 25, 2010

Resort time?!?

Good morning! Today through Sunday we will be in Pourta Plota. That is a city on the North East Coast of the island. We are going for Floria's work. They allow the family of the workers to get together once a year at the beach. So, we are going! Going to be fun! Last night we had services in a little community in the foothills of the Mountains. As we were driving I realized we were driving at a slight angle, and I could see in the dark the outline of the mountains. the way Thursday services work are like this. There are a couple of different communities in Santiago. The have leaders for each community. And they meet in houses or garages or carport on Thursday nights. Then on Sunday night they ALL come together for 1 big church service. It's a pretty cool thing! So last night we were in the community of Palmar Arriba, in a homemade carport. It was light with one single light bulb in the middle. There were probably 20 to 30 people there by the end of services. We sang to Ignacio playing the guitar, and the hand clapping of the congregation. It was really cool!

Well, now As I type I'm sitting right by the Ocean on the North side of the island at a Resort called "Coral Sol De Plata". I knew we were coming here.. But just didn't know that we were being put up in a Resort! Pretty flippin awesome! All you can eat buffet till 10 p.m.... Games and huge pool. The Caribbean ocean outside 50 steps from me! Awww... Suffering for the Lord! Lol! Naw, this is only for the weekend then back to Santiago (or reality) lol! Today on the 2 hour drive here We were driving, of course, but got to thinking. there aren't any boundaries for driving here. Like at home we have lines that are laws, pass here, no passing here, go this fast, go this slow, Do this, do that, go here, go there.. You get my point?. Well, here IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! It's almost a free-for-all! But anyways, earlier this morning I was reading with Maxy in his book fearless and we were talking about us putting God in a box (or boundary) and how He doesn't work inside the box we put Him in. So as we were driving I felt the Lord speaking to me about how I put Him in my box. I think that the lines and signs, and speed limits are how we drive, but God, God isn't like that. He take the rough roads, the bumpy roads, the "long" way, to us, but to Him, it's the perfect way. but how we (I) pay a little too much attention to the road and not enough time of WHERE God has taken me. Or what god has right outside my window. I grip about the rough time I'm having and not looking at the Dominican Mountains outside my window. I grip that that the road is horrible and I miss who I can help at that moment. I miss so much cause I'm focused on the road and not Christ, who has taken me to a whole new place in my life right now. Am I making since? I hope so.... Her it is in a nut shell. We focus too much on the bumps, bruises, no limits, no signs, no lines, no boundaries and not enough on where God has allowed us to be. Or what He wants to teach or show us in that place on that road. I hope this makes since. Jeremiah 29:11---"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. "

So I hope that you understand what I'm saying. Lol.. if not please e-mail me and I'll try and make it understandable!

So, we'll be here till Sunday afternoon. I'll be updating... after I swim in the ocean and pools! ;) Love you guys!

Grace and Peace,
Justin

1 comment:

  1. awesome post justin! love the connection and the analogy - we do put limits on God and He never fits in our boxes

    miss ya

    ReplyDelete